Teenagers have previously lagged behind adults in their ownership of cell phones. But its not the same now, nearly three-quarters of teens owns a smartphone or a tablet. Apart from the purpose of entertainment, there are various apps out there which are instructive, educational and help teenagers to concentrate better on their school or college work. Installing some of these apps on your teen’s phone will make their life a whole lot easier.
Here are some Apps recommended for teenagers:
1. myHomework (iOS and Android) helps to save the class schedule, and set reminders and deadlines for the assignments. At the end of the year, the student also have a comprehensive list of all the assignments they have done for each course
2. AudioNote (iOS and Android) lets you record the audio of your lectures and synchronizes it with your notes. The app’s best function is that it lets the student to click on a word in their notes to go back to that point on the audio recording.
4. Ridlr (Android) gives real time information on bus, metro and train timings, with cancellations, delays and alternative suggestions for transport.
5. Alarmy (iOS and Android) is an alarm app with a twist. It requires the user to do certain simple tasks, like clicking a picture or shaking the phone a certain number of times for the ringing to stop, helping the user wake up without hitting the snooze button.
6. Toshl (iOS and Android) is an app which helps you to organize and keep a record of all expenses, with an option to add details for every expense. Teenagers can use tags to organize their expenses. So it is easy for them to differentiate those new shoes from the rack of books they just bought. Set a budget and stick to it.
8. Dunno (iOS) is an research-it-later application which helps you jot down things you want to know or research, but don’t have time to when it crosses your mind. It helps keep a record of all our ‘brainslaps’ (a term coined by the Dunno team for random thoughts that cross your mind).
Nischint is a parental control solution whose prime focus is to create a safe digital environment for children today. We help children learn how to use their devices responsibly and also provide parents with the ability to monitor their child’s lives online. With Nischint parents can schedule app and device usage, so that children can focus while they are at school/studying/playing and they get to experience the best of both worlds.