When it comes to monitoring child online or monitoring their social media we feel it as half the battle. Since technology is growing faster & easily available online children have been the initial users of the newest social media channels like Instagram, snapchat etc.
However, parents today need to pay attention to new social media trend of live cams, video broadcasting or streaming live videos online.
Would you invite the outside world into your child’s bedroom? Of course not, but your child might, and he or she can easily do it with LiveMe App
Facebook, Instagram, and other social media sites also have live video options; with the right privacy settings, those videos can only be seen by friends on Facebook or Instagram followers.
What is Live.Me App?
Live.me is a social live streaming video platform that allows users to go live on cams & connect with an anonymous user and earn virtual goods which can be exchanged for prizes, rewards, and cash.
The live.me video streaming app lets a user (known on the app as a ‘broadcaster’) broadcast videos, chat, share and follow different broadcasters. By clicking on one of the many users, they are taken directly to their live feed where they can view videos.
Users are able to go live and instantaneously share what they are doing to a select audience and with over 50+ million downloads on play store alone since it was released in 2016 the app is increasing in popularity.
Children Earn real money as a broadcaster
Yes, You got it right! Children earn real money on Live.me. When a child goes online & live to stream their video there will be a set of viewers watching them online & has an option to send them online gifts as credits when these credits get accumulated & reached ~40,000. It can be converted as real money get credited to a child account.
Setting up an account on Live.me
- Any child can set up an account by using an existing Facebook, Twitter or email account
- Users are asked to provide profile picture, username, gender and birthday.
- You then are asked to give the app access to your contacts, locations and phone settings to make calls.
By setting up an account is leaking up all privacy information including the location, age & contact number to the outside world.
What parents need to be aware of the Live streaming apps?
- Live streaming life can be risky, especially for a child who may be influenced to share too much personal information or inappropriate content to attract more viewers or likes.
- As this app has a strong emphasis on getting followers and the potential chance of becoming famous, which may encourage child broadcasters into doing more outrageous things.
Image Courtesy: Periscope
How Parents can protect their kids from Live streaming cams & Live broadcasting channels
1. Educate kids on how to be a Cyber smart citizen
Parents need to spend time with kids & discuss the online reputation & Online dangers.
To become more popular kids might share about them winning gifts posts of Live.me on their social media channels about the live streaming videos.
3. Using Free Parental Control Apps
Free Parental Control Apps Nischint where parents can monitor child mobile devices remotely from parent devices from any distant location. The specialty of Nischint Parental controls is it will notify parent realtime on new apps installation on child Mobile devices.
4. Don’t let them use mobile phones in locked doors
Every child user wants to hide them using such an application. So they usually prefer using in locked doors. So that parents remain unaware. Also, they usually prefer to go online at the same time in a day. So that their follower on Live.me app also available.
Download Free Parental control App Now available for both Apple iphone (ios) & Android mobile devices.